Can you believe it?! I’ve actually got a new recipe for you!
Amy’s been getting really good at sitting in one of her chairs in the kitchen to watch while I do dishes and/or prepare supper. The other day, I was craving something sweet but we had NO chocolate in the house – GASP! We did have 3 very soft apples that had been sitting in the fridge since before Amy was born, and a ton of fresh blueberries that we had picked. I figured I would throw together a quick fruit crisp and see what happens. The end result was obviously so very tasty – hence why I’m posting the recipe today… while Amy naps… after falling asleep on her VERY OWN thanks to the projector on her new sound machine! Yay!
What You Need:
- 3 large apples – peeled and cubed
- 1/2 C fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp tapioca quick cook powder (you can get it at Bulk Barn – it’s for thickening)
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- dash of salt
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C coconut oil
What You Do:
- place the cubed up apples and blueberries in a small casserole (mine is about 8 inches in diameter)
- sprinkle the cinnamon, tapioca and sugar on top – then carefully mix it all together
- in a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and coconut until the mixture looks crumbly
- carefully spread the crumble over the fruit (sorry for the blurry shot!)
- bake at 350 for approximately 45 minute or until the fruit starts to bubble from the sides a bit
- Best when enjoyed hot, or cold!