1. Last night was one of the best Valentine’s days ever. There was no fancy meal involved (we were actually both craving hot dogs LOL), no fancy gifts..nothing fancy at all really. So why so good? Without even planning on it, Chris and I ended up spending the entire evening on the couch, with the tv off, just TALKING. We talked about anything and everything including our little one and what kind of parents we’d like to be. It was REALLY nice and really special. As amazing as the night of talking was though, there was another special moment that was the icing on the cake making it the best Valentine’s ever… I got to witness (and feel) Chris and his little girl have their first little private conversation just between the two of them. It was crazy awesome! He was laying with his head on my lap talking to her and as he spoke, she started kicking/bumping back at him. As corny as it sounds, it was pretty magical…and I almost cried. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that little moment. (I took a picture of it too, but promised to keep it to myself)
2. Speaking of baby movements, she decided to have the hiccups yesterday when I was at my mom’s for lunch! Meaning, that my mom got to feel the little one for her first time. I think baby girl made her day.
3. And speaking of baby and my mom…. I’m really excited for this family day weekend, as tomorrow my mom is coming over to help us start the painting of the nursery!!! It feels like I’ve been waiting forever to get started on baby girl’s room and am pumped!
4. And that brings us to my next little thought.. a question for you guys! I’m undecided on whether on not I should blog the nursery progress as we go… OR … if I should wait until it’s totally complete (which probably won’t be until May). What do you readers think I should do???
5. Last but not least, another question for you lovely people out there. Do you have any ideas for recipes that you might want me to try and tackle/healthify for the blog? I’ve been having a major brain fart the past few weeks when it comes to cooking/baking and need some ideas!!!
Happy Family Day Weekend!!!!!