Last week, this baby had me craving CHOCOLATE in a big big way. So what did I do?? I put together a recipe for double chocolate cookies that was the bomb!!
This past week, she’s had me craving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins. I’m not sure where that one came from, but hey – it’s what she wanted. Monday night, I was really pressed for time when I got home from the farm after work, but I found myself NEEDING an oatmeal chocolate chip muffin badly. Muffins are definitely not something you’ll find me buying somewhere simple due to the fact that I know they would be filled with crap. So what did I do?? I tried yet another experiment for some healthier oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.
I’m 2 for 2 so far folks!!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
What You Need:
- 1 1/4 C soft whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 C rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C plain yogurt
- 1/4 C milk of choice
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
What You Do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and either lightly grease, or line a muffin tin with papers
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined – set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, sugar, yogurt and milk until combined
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and stir until everything just comes together – if it still seems a bit thick, add another splash or two of milk (you don’t want the batter too runny though)
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Carefully spoon the batter into the muffin tin
- Bake for 16-18 min
- Yields 1 dozen
Best when served still warm from the oven. They passed my neighbour test this way!!