These burgers are ridiculously simple to make, and taste ridiculously good. ;)
I don’t know about you, but when I have the choice of purchasing pre-made burgers from the grocery store vs. buying the ground meat and making burgers myself, I’ll always get the ground meat. That way, I know exactly what will be going into the burger, but I also know that it’s guaranteed to taste fantastic. I tend to throw different things into the mix every time I make burgers, but felt that I should share this tried and true method for a guaranteed tasty flavour.
Note: I would normally be the one who leans towards using only extra lean meats in my cooking, but taking from experience, the combination of an extra lean beef with just a lean beef, or even a medium beef makes a HUGE difference in juiciness and flavour of your burger. A combination is HIGHLY recommended. ;)
Ridiculously Simple Burgers
What You Need:
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion; minced
- 1/3 C bread crumbs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
What You Do:
– Put all of your ingredients in a large bowl and give it a good mix with your hands.
– form the mixture into patties (as big or as small as you’d like) and place them on the grill
– grill for about 6-8 minutes a side, until the juices start to run clear
– if you like your bun nice and toasty, toss that on the grill as well! Easy Peasy!
– top with your favourite burger toppings and enjoy!